Thought Leadership and Social Impact
The Institute's best practices think tank is referenced by major media and universities.
Selected links to interviews, news, books and articles published by our advisors.
Selected Media Coverage of IIM Members
Sanford, Chairperson of Advisory Board
Amnesty International USA Board Member
Legal Thought Leader
Speaks on human rights and international privacy laws
Apple vs. FBI, Google antitrust charges, and other complex legal challenges
Zagaris, Vice Chair of Advisory Board
Human Rights Committee Chair of the International Law Section
District of Columbia Bar Association
Legal Thought Leader
Speaks on international anticorruption charges and enforcement
International tax, private wealth and trust funds
- Vice Chair of Advisory Board
Mexico's Deputy Secretary of Education
Elected Member of Mexican Federal Congress
Education Policy Thought Leadership
Think Tank President
President, International Institute of Management
Strategic Thought Leadership
Speaks on Investment, Economic, and Development Strategies
The Institute is recognized as one of the few think tanks that provided an early warning of the global financial crisis of 2008. In 2006, Jones warned about several socioeconomic risks in the decade between 2007 to 2017. His work have been quoted by U.S. and international scholars. His statements and analysis are followed by investment advisors and economic researchers around the world. To learn more, please visit the Investment Management page
The Global Investment Outlook
Risks and Opportunities
Global Economic Policy Best Practices
The U.S. Economic Risks and Strategies
Korea CEO Magazine
The U.S. Economic Crisis and Recovery Plans
CEO Intelligence Report
Global Investment Outlook
Think Tank President Receives Dubai Government's Victory and Love Appreciation Award from the Major General Mohammed Al Marri, Chairman of Committee of Social Development
Gross National Well-being (GNW) Index
The Institute is recognized for the introduction of the first GNW Index for managing and measuring sustainable socioeconomic development in 2005. Inspired by the "Gross National Happiness (GNH)" phrase, coined by the fourth King of Bhutan in 1972, Med Jones designed the GNW Index to overcome the limitations of traditional economic development frameworks and metrics. The Index is considered a breakthrough in public policy innovation for the following two contributions:
1. Prior to the Index, there were many psychological surveys and research papers on the topic of happiness; however, few economists and government officials, if any, took seriously, the concept of happiness as a development policy; this was mainly due to the difficulty of measuring the subjective nature of "feelings". Mainstream economists did not consider happiness a main policy objective. Few recognized the limitations of traditional economics and called for the development of alternative model, but they could not implement their vision due to the lack of a practical tool that integrates subjective and objective measures. The Index was the first published management framework to quantify happiness and integrate it into an econometric tool along other dimensions of health, political, socioeconomic and environmental well-being.
2. International agencies and governments had large collections of statistical indicators that were used in silos to measure each individual sector performance; government officials could not "connect the dots" to make effective and efficient sustainable development decisions. The Index provided the first integrated 360-degree tool for economists and policy makers to effectively measure and manage the well-being of their citizens.
The GNW framework and Index opened the door for several international initiatives. The new science of happiness economics is filled with new and exciting developments that promise to advance well-being policy-making all over the world.
To learn more, please visit Happiness Economics page
On Executive Education
"A leading CEO development and training Institute... Unlike traditional MBA and management education programs that are rooted in academic theory and text books, the Institute designed an experiential CEO development program built around an advanced set of CEO toolkits for hiring, evaluating, developing and coaching the executive team" - European CEO Magazine
Best Practices Publications and Articles
European CEO Magazine
Leadership Performance - A Strategic Business Advantage
European CEO Learns About Executive Education Best Practices
Korea CEO Magazine
How to Evaluate a CEO?
Korea CEO Magazine
How to Evaluate the Board of Directors
Dysfunctional Leadership and Dysfunctional Organizations
Workplace Politics and Poor Performance
CEO Q Magazine
Most Respected CEOs
Selected Books Authored by the Institute Advisors
Selected Papers & Books Referencing Our Work
Sample university research and industry books citing the Institute's think tank
Selected US and International Media Coverage
Sample media coverage of the Institute's think tank and education work
International Institute of Management
Management Insights & Quotes
- 2018 The institute formed a new board of advisors to launch its global initiative.
- 2017 Based on a decade of learned lessons from the financial crisis, and two decades of socioeconomic research, the Institute introduces a new proposal for global governance and restructuring the global economy to promote wellbeing, economic empowerment and peace.
- 2015 The institute completed the development of a proprietary BEV stock investment portfolio model based on more than a decade of research on stock market valuations and price movements. BEV portolios outperformed the S&P 500 index and most investment funds. To learn more, please visit the BEV portfolio performance
2005 -2006 -2007: The Institute published a list of high-profile think tank papers.
- 2004: The Institute signed a 10-year license agreement for training assets of MTCG
- 2004: The Institute is divested from MTCG with research assets
- 1999: MTCG won 3 international non-profit research projects with research consortia consisting of 55 universities and research organizations in 40 countries
- 1998: The Institute established as a research and training division of Management and Technology Consulting Group (MTCG) - A private research and consulting firm