Professional Management Training
Courses. Classes. Workshops.
LATAM Legal and Judicial
Doing Business in Latin America +
Doing Business in Cuba (Optional)
|Training Methods:||Action Learning Seminar and Workshop|
|Course Venue:||USA West: Las Vegas, NV. Los Angeles, CA. San Francisco,
CA. Seattle, WA.
USA East: Chicago, IL. Houston, TX. New York, NYC, NY. Washington, DC. Miami, FL.
Latin American Cities: Contact us for more details.
|Course Duration:||5 days (4 days seminar + 1 day project)|
|Course Times:||9:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Course Dates:||Management Training Courses Calendar|
|Group Discounts:||10% for 2 delegates. 15% for 3 or more delegates. Valid only for Las Vegas venue.|
Contact us for training topics and duration customization or
Available at client site For groups of 5 or more delegates.
|Course Advisor:||Juan Del Valle|
|Course Advantage:||Client Testimonials. Training Excellence. CEO Club|
CEO's Team: General managers, business unit managers, head attorneys and entrepreneurs.
Note: This training course is designed for government and corporate professionals. We do not accept students seeking initial employment, postsecondary education or initial licensing programs
- Provide an understanding of the legal framework of business in Latin America.
- Understand main characteristics of Legal and Judicial systems in Latin America.
- Identify possible risks and discard biases in Inter-American business law.
- Analyze the challenges of CEOs and general managers in managing legal risks when doing business in/with Latin America.
- Identify main labor law issues in Latin America for foreign companies.
- Prepare managers and attorneys to master contract negotiation, drafting, and interpretation with Latin American parties involved.
- Enhance comprehension of litigation strategies suggested by local attorneys when directing or dealing with local Latin American attorneys or clients.
- Analyze court systems lacking Stare Decisis and its impact on Inter-American business.
- Train managers and attorneys to make legal decisions regarding transnational transactions, with enough arguments and information to seek for the best strategies, including but not limited to applicable law and jurisdiction.
- Understand employment and Immigration practices of multinational companies in Latin American companies, particularly in Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia and Costa Rica, risks and solutions.
- This course is intended for both managers and head attorneys, providing understanding of core legal and judicial issues in Latin America, in order to support business decisions in the region. The course provides only a high-level understanding of the business and employment law to help managers and attorneys in manage legal risks. The coursework is not a replacement for seeking professional legal advice. The course does not prepare participants for passing state bar exams or becoming attorneys.
- Understand key business legal issues, risks, procedures and regulations in Cuba.*
- Latin American Legal System Overview I Constitutions, Civil Codes, Commerce Codes.
- Latin American Legal System Overview I Law hierarchy.
- Latin American Judicial System Overview
- Latin American Business Organizations
- Foreign companies concerns when doing business in Latin America
- Main Latin American employment law characteristics and regulations
- Legal Dispute Resolution in Latin America
- Business Ethics and Social Responsibility International applicable laws FCPA application.
Doing Business in Cuba Toolkit*
Develop the core legal skills and competencies. The core competencies include Latin American business law knowledge, legal risk management planning, control, problem-solving and communication
Experiential action learning
25%-50% seminar and 50-75% experiential discussion and project work
The development and evaluation of management skills are based on KASAC training model
LATAM Business Law Best Practices:Civil Legal System. Court structures in Latam. Lack of Stare Decisis in Latam. Main international legal - trade structures in Latam. Latam labor law. Corporate structures and law in Latam. Main copyright regulations. Dispute Resolution. Applicable Law and Jurisdictions.
The training courseware includes the following:
Participant's coursework and assessment project guide
Subject matter handbook and lecture notes
Executive summary of the subject matter:
Summary of essential concepts and operations management best practices
Examples and case studies
Legal risk management toolkit (management frameworks, decision models, checklists, etc.)
Experiential work-based assessment project
Online resources for the completion of the experiential assessment project
Performance can be evaluated on the basis of individual or team project deliverables
There are no Q&A exams or tests. Candidates can choose to complete customized experiential work-based projects such as developing a relevant analysis document, management strategy, action plan or a senior management presentation
The course advisor will review the deliverables and provide improvement feedback
The evaluation is a form of management consulting and experiential coaching for performance improvement
Latin American Legal and Judicial Systems (Doing Business in Latin
America) + Doing Business in Cuba Optional Module
Accelerated workshop (classroom option)
Requires seat reservation