Q: What is KASAC
executive education and evaluation model?
A: International Institute of Management developed a five-dimensional model for executive education
and evaluation. The model is called KASAC. KASAC is an acronym for
Analysis, Synthesis, Application and Communication. This model is
used as the basis for the Institute's executive education, coaching
and evaluation process. For a CEO to succeed in
today s complex business environment s/he should demonstrate mastery
in all five areas:
- Understanding of the subject-matter.
- The quality of the managerial decision-making process.
- Understanding of the context, text, subtext of business
to identify opportunities and diagnose challenges.
to identify critical success factors and potential pitfalls.
to design sound evaluation criteria for decision making
to uncover driving forces, structure, relationships,
dependencies, and situation variables
to design an effective strategy/solution, taking into
consideration the alignment of external and internal forces
innovativeness and thinking outside the box
- Ability to
prioritize between strategic and tactical needs
to design/use measurement and control systems
of the project management plan (including time, resources,
budget, quality, risks, change, communication, procurement)
to communicate and present to the stakeholders at each level
(articulation of management ideas, professional documentation,
business case/report writing and presentation)
Leadership (ability to listen, learn, persuade, motivate and win
the support of the stakeholders)
Course Delivery Method
- Customization Request: Agreeing with the advisor on the
learning focus, course expectations, type of industry/company
and assessment project
- Reading Assignment: Understanding essential concepts
- Case-study Assignment: Management issues analysis (Learn by
- Project Assignment: Real-world best practices application
- Advisor Feedback: Reviewing participants work and providing
improvement advice (Development)