Management Training Courses
Accelerated. Modular. Experiential
Operations Management Best Practices
Course Methods: Experiential workshop (action learning
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Course Time: 9AM - 3PM
Management Training Courses
Course Fees: $4,999
Operations Management Courses Online: $999
CEO Club |
- COO's Team: Operations Managers, Procurement
Managers, Supply Chain Managers, Production Managers, Manufacturing
Managers, Warehousing Managers, Inventory Managers, Quality
Managers, R&D Managers, Innovation Managers, Project Managers,
Entrepreneurs, and Operations Management Consultants.
- Provides an understanding of operations management framework. How to plan, build and manage enterprise operations
- Offers experiential analysis to understand the challenges of COOs
and Operations Managers
- Provides an understanding of the functions and practices of
production and operation managers
- Training topics include overview of supply chain management, research and
development (R&D), manufacturing, project management and quality
- Provides insights on how to develop strategies, initiatives and
programs to introduce and sustain competitive operations in
- Highlights lean six sigma best practices, tools and models to develop and implement
an effective operations management system
- This course emphasizes operations management decision-making. It
does not cover engineering, technical or mathematical topics
- Develop the core
operations management skills and competencies. The core competencies
include operations knowledge, planning, control, problem-solving and communication. The
development and evaluation of these skills are based on IIM's proprietary
management training model.
- Operations Management Bes Practices:
Top COO Questions. Strategic Operations Alignment and Integration.
Strategy Triangle. Project Management. Supply Chain Management (SCM). Logistics
Management. Innovation Management.
Research and Development (R&D). New Product Development (NPD).
Product Investment Portfolio Analysis.
Manufacturing Management. Production Management. Inventory
Management. Purchasing and Vendor Management. Facilities Management. Environmental Management. Risk Management. Forecasting and Aggregate Planning. BPPT
Model (Budget, People, Process and Technology). Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Decision Trees. Value Chain Analysis (VCA).
Outsourcing and Off-shoring.
- Process Management Bes Practices:
Business Process Improvement (BPI). Business Process Re-engineering (BPR).
Capability Maturity Model (CMM). Root Cause
Analysis (RCA). Change Management. PDBO Model (Plan, Design,
Build, Operate). Process Assessment Metrics: (TCO. ROI, Production Cost, Breakeven,
Location, Capacity, Productivity, Utilization, Layout,..). Process
Controls. Economic Order Quantity (EOQ). Material Resource Planning (MRP).
Master Production Schedule (MPS). Gantt
Charts. PERT Chart. Benchmarking. Pareto Chart. Bar Charts.
- Quality Management Bes Practices:
Lean. Six Sigma. Lean Manufacturing. Lean Inventory. Lean
Warehousing. Lean Operations. Just In time (JIT). Lean Supply Chain.
Kaizen. 5Ss. Value Stream Mapping and Analysis. Kanban System.
Visual Controls. Toyota Production System (TPS). Waste Elimination.
Push Vs. Pull Production. Lean Layout Design, SMED, Quick
Changeover. DMAIC. 8D. TPM. Deming Wheel.
Total Quality Management (TQM). ISO 9000.
Course Outline / Customization Subjects
- Lean Operations Management decision areas such as cost, quality,
time, flexibility and capacity
- Lean Production Management: Innovation management, research and
development (R&D), methods of production, cost of production,
breakeven analysis, process control, production planning and
- Lean Facilities Management: Facilities planning and automations and
- Lean Project Management: Project selection and initiation, planning,
financing, scheduling and resource allocation, risk, communication,
control, evaluation and termination
- Lean Quality Management: The frameworks, tools and techniques
necessary to implement product development and operations
improvements such as Total Quality Management (TQM), Capability
Maturity Model (CMM), Six Sigma, ISO 9000, and
- Lean Supply Chain Management (SCM): Covers current issues in business
logistics and information systems for coordinating operations
- Outsourcing, off-shoring and supply chain integration
IIM operations management training courseware includes:
- Participant's coursework and assessment project guide
- Executive summary of the subject matter (in power-point lecture notes format):
- Summary of essential concepts and operations management best practices
- Examples and case studies
- Operations management toolkit (management frameworks, decision models,
- Experiential work-based assessment project
- Online resources for the completion of the experiential assessment
- Performance will be evaluated on the basis of individual or team
- Candidates can complete customized experiential / work-based
projects such as developing a relevant analysis document, management
strategy, action plan or a senior management presentation
- IIM course advisor will review the deliverables and provide improvement
- There are no traditional quizzes or theoretical exams.
Operations Management Course
- Operations Management Training Course
- Accelerated workshop (classroom option)
- Course venue: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Requires registration, application review and seat