Management Hall of Fame: Leading Management Gurus
Dell Computers - Youngest
CEO of a Fortune 500 (1965- Present)
"Ideas are a commodity. Execution of them is not." (Michael
It was not the product. it was the business
- Aged 12, sells stamps by catalog.
- Sells newspaper subscriptions
- Enters the University of Texas at Austin.
- Drops out of college to found Dell Computer.
- Dell Computer's first year revenue $257.8 million.
- Launches Dell's online and sales-exceed $3 million a day.
- Key Success Factors : build to order, keep low stocks, sell direct,
- Becomes one the richest men in the world
- His direct internet business model is taught
by many Executive Education schools today's
Books & References:
IIM Executive Education & Management Training