Authors' Submission Guidelines
EJ invites consultants, entrepreneurs,
executives, professors, researchers, educators and authors to submit
practice-based research papers and articles. EJ welcomes original research,
practice-based white papers, case studies, unique insights, best practices
advice, field lessons and useful conceptual/application frameworks.
The preferred article format is the IIM white paper format.
IIM white papers provide businesses and government leaders with a list of
questions, terminologies and discussion points that can be used to address
emerging challenges and opportunities. IIM white papers are succinct work
documents designed for problem solving and communication by the leadership
team. Depending on the scope of the paper, the document structure may
include three to five sections: 1). A statement of the problem or
opportunity 2). Analysis of root causes or underlying forces 3).
Recommendations 4). A checklist of best practices for solution
implementation and change management 5). Notes and resources.
Using illustration diagrams, checklists, bullet points and tables is
highly encouraged. Sample white paper
Gross National Happiness (GNH)
All accepted papers are
automatically entered into IIM's
one of the most prestigious awards. The
competition is judged by professionals from relevant industries and a panel of experts
assembled by IIM. One winner
will be selected and up to 9
management papers will be selected for an honorable mention.
- Publishing Dates: 15th Jan. 15th March. 15 June. 15 Sept
- Submission Deadlines: 15th Dec. 15th Feb. 15th May. 15th
August. Papers that miss
one quarterly issue shall be considered for future issues
Our interests are broadly defined as the changing conditions of economy,
business and/or people in relation to management. Areas for exploration can
include, but are not limited to:
- Strategy & Change : New strategies for changing business environment.
External and internal organizational dynamics such as the
changing roles and relationships between government, nonprofit, and business
- Global Economy:
International competition and socioeconomic development. Government policies and their impact
on national and international business.
- New Economy:
Knowledge, Internet, E-business models, virtual companies, tele-working, and
- Leadership and Human Resources Development: The changing roles
and relationships between management and employees.
- Finance and
Accounting: Transparency, governance, accountability and corporate
reporting. investment outlooks and corporate investment strategies.
- Business Laws and Ethics: Corporate social responsibility,
ethics and laws.
- New Technology Developments: Emerging technology
applications and impact on business and markets.
Types and Length of Articles/Papers Submissions
- White Papers (1-15 pages)
- Preferred for publications
- Case Study - Success/Failure Lessons (2-4 page)
- Expert Opinion/Articles (1-2 Page)
- Executive Perspective (1-2
- Executive Briefing (10-20 presentation slides)
- Insights - Anecdotes and Humor (1 page)
- Each paper should provide a clear and concise message/story with analysis
of events and their outcome (when applicable).
- All submissions shall summarize findings,
recommendations and insights in bullet-point format.
- Research papers
should present preliminary findings in a way that address hypotheses,
debate, supporting and opposing views (when applicable), or tentative recommendations.
- Authors shall be deemed to have granted to IIM an irrevocable,
non-exclusive license with the right to sub-license others, use and
publish the Intellectual Property under open content without payment of
fees or royalties.
- Authors shall
defend IIM against any claim that work furnished hereunder or any
related Intellectual Property infringe any U.S. Patent, trade secret or
copyright and will indemnify IIM and/or against any loss, damage or
liability arising from furnished work.
How to avoid copyright infringement?
Copyright infringement can be
embarrassing and costly. Many writers and
researchers unconsciously infringe on other authors' copyrights without even knowing so. Here
are some tips on how to avoid errors:
- Under fair-use rules, make sure that you
state that your paper is of a research and educational nature (not for
- Avoid using large segments of someone
- When you use someone else's expressions, include a reference to the author or the source.
- Whenever possible, obtain the author's
permission before using their expression of ideas.
- Copyrights FAQ &
Policy and Agreement
How to Submit
- All submission must be in MS word format, except for the executive
briefing which can be in MS power-point format
- A manuscript should be submitted electronically as an attachment to an
e-mail cover letter. The
e-mail cover letter should include: The names, address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of all authors
and a copyright statement, "I (we) the author(s) grant IIM
royalty free and full rights
to use and publish the submitted paper in any and all formats."
- Authors of accepted papers will be expected to sign copyright
release forms prior to publication of their article.
- Please send your submission to