Executive Education: Executive Courses & Action Learning
Planning, building and managing strategic finance
Course Methods: Executive Action
Learning (Experiential Workshop)
Client's site or at IIM Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Course Time: 9AM-4PM
Based on number of executives and level of customization
CEO Club |
Training Excellence |
Public Courses: Individual registration
is available via pre-scheduled public courses, please visit
- CFO's Executive Finance Managers, Treasurers,
Investor Relations Managers, and Financial Accounting Managers
- Non-Finance Managers with P&L responsibility:
Entrepreneurs, General Managers, Business Unit Managers, Operations
Managers, Project Managers, and Finance Management Consultants.
- Provides a review of the Strategic Finance and
Investment Management Frameworks.
- Offers experiential analysis to
understand the challenges of CFOs and Finance Managers in managing
corporate finance and investments
- Focuses on best practices,
tools and models to implement an effective finance management system
- The course focuses on finance management decision-making rather
than on mathematical calculations, technical analysis, or
book-keeping processes that are automated by computer software
- The course is designed for
managers. The course does not
prepare the participants for passing professional
investment license exams.
- Develop the core
executive finance skills and competencies. The core competencies include
finance knowledge, planning, control, problem-solving and communication. The
development and evaluation of these skills are based on IIM's proprietary
executive education model.
Top CFO Questions. CFO Challenges.
Finance. Sources of Funding. Solving Cash Flow Problems. Working Capital Cycle. Financial Instruments. Concepts of Value Creation. Risk and Required Rates of Return. Capital Budgeting. Capital Structure and Dividend Policies. Foreign Exchange. Currency and Derivative Markets. Currency Risk Management. Corporate Financial Decisions. Benchmarking. Break-Even Point. Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM). Cash Flow. Return on Investment (ROI). Cost-Benefits Analysis (CBA). Current Ratio. Debt To Equity Ratio (D/E). Internal Rate of Return (IRR).
Time Value of Money (TVM). Net Present Value (NPV). Price Earning (P/E) Ratio.
Beta. Stock. Bonds. Options. Futures. Treasury Bills. Financial
Markets. Leverage. Hedging. Diversification.
- CFO's executive role, top questions and challenges
- Basic concepts in finance: Time value of money,
financial statements quick overview, financial performance analysis
and assets pricing (security valuation).
- Corporate financial decisions: capital budgeting,
choice of capital structure, and working capital management.
- Investments management: Types of investment securities; security market operations; investment
policies; security analysis and valuation principles: risk, return, and
portfolio analysis; personal investment principles.
- Financial markets for shares, fixed income securities, options and futures.
- Hedging risk, portfolio diversification
and portfolio evaluation.
- Security Analysis: Organization of securities markets, risk and return analysis, modern
portfolio theory, efficient market theory, fixed income securities, equity
securities, and derivative securities.
- Risk Management and Insurance:
Management of risk in a business setting; control of property,
liability, and personnel risks.
- International Finance:
Foreign exchange, currency and derivative markets, currency risk management,
international investment and financing decisions, multinational corporate
- CFO and Corporate Governance: Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) review
IIM's strategic finance management training courseware includes:
- Participant's coursework and assessment project guide
- Executive summary of the subject matter (in power-point lecture notes format):
- Summary of essential concepts and finance management best practices
- Examples and case studies
- Finance management toolkit (management frameworks, decision models,
- Experiential work-based assessment project
- Online resources for the completion of the experiential assessment
Executive Team Performance Evaluation
- Performance will be evaluated on the basis of individual or team
- Candidates can complete customized experiential / work-based
projects such as developing a relevant analysis document, management
strategy, action plan or a senior management presentation
- IIM course advisor will review the deliverables and provide improvement
- There are no traditional quizzes or theoretical exams.
- For accelerated team workshops, participants must have
similar levels of experience. This is not required for
public courses or individual self-paced distance-learning courses
- Prior knowledge of basic accounting principles. For accounting courses please
Management Accounting Course
- Custom executive education courses are available only to companies and
government organizations upon request.
- Individual registration is available for public courses, please