Executive Education: Executive Courses & Action Learning
Understanding and leveraging local and global economic forces
Course Methods: Executive Action
Learning (Experiential Workshop)
Client's site or at IIM Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Course Time: 9AM-4PM
Based on number of executives and level of customization
CEO Club |
Training Excellence |
Public Courses: Individual registration
is available via pre-scheduled public courses, please visit
- CEO's Executive Management Team: General Managers, Business Unit
Managers, Finance Managers, Operations Managers, Human Resources
Managers, Marketing Managers, Sales Managers, Project Managers,
Entrepreneurs, and Business Strategy Consultants.
- Provides a review of the economic environment and its
impact on business strategy formulation
- Offers experiential analysis to
understand the challenges of CEOs and General Managers in adapting
to the changing economic environment
- Offers ideas and tools to understand the forces of local and
global economies, including governmental regulations,
international relations, global consumers, global production and
- Focuses on the impact of economic policies on managerial
decision-making, by providing an understanding of fiscal policy, and local and global economic issues affecting business
- This course emphasizes strategic managerial decision-making. It
does not focus on mathematical models or technical analysis
- Develop the core managerial economics skills and competencies. The core competencies include
economics knowledge, planning, control, problem-solving and communication. The
development and evaluation of these skills are based on IIM's proprietary
executive education model.
- Business Economics: Introduction to economic
analysis, with an emphasis on firms, their market and operating environment.
Pricing and output decisions. Cost and profit determination in competitive
and monopolistic markets. Macroeconomic factors and policies affecting
business activity in a free and open economy.
Introduction to the economic behavior of individuals and firms with emphasis on
output and price determination in the various market structures. Study of the allocation of scarce resources among competing end uses. Analysis also
includes concepts of expected utility and uncertainty, and welfare economics.
Macroeconomics: The economic activity of the nation at large and its
interrelationships with the rest of the world. This module also covers the measurements of economic activity,
determination of aggregate income, money, banking and prices, exchange rates,
the balance of payments and government macroeconomic policy, national output, unemployment,
inflation and interest rates . It also analyzes the outcome of alternative
government policies related to economic problems.
- Innovation Economy: Policies and programs to promote innovation and
International Business and Global Economy:
The development of the global economy and the driving forces and
consequences of growing interdependency among nations. Changing
patterns of trade and migration of capital and labor are analyzed, as are
cyclical and secular trends in output, employment and investment.
IIM's managerial economics courseware includes:
- Participant's coursework and assessment project guide
- Executive summary of the subject matter (in power-point lecture notes format):
- Summary of essential concepts and management best practices
- Examples and case studies
- Management toolkit (management frameworks, decision models,
- Experiential work-based assessment project
- Online resources for the completion of the experiential assessment
Executive Team Performance Evaluation
- Performance will be evaluated on the basis of individual or team
- Candidates can complete customized experiential / work-based
projects such as developing a relevant analysis document, management
strategy, action plan or a senior management presentation
- IIM course advisor will review the deliverables and provide improvement
- There are no traditional quizzes or theoretical exams.
- For accelerated team workshops, participants must have
similar levels of experience. This is not required for
public courses or individual self-paced distance-learning courses
- Custom executive education courses are available only to companies and
government organizations upon request.
- Individual registration is available for public courses, please